http://abrunetteabroad.blogspot.co.uk/

Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Facing my fears

I was going to start this entry by saying that I'm afraid of two things, the dark and injections; but now I'm thinking about it, I can add spiders, falling over, sharp objects, blood... and the list goes on. I am such a wuss!

Anyway, I've decided to go have my inoculations tomorrow. I was going to wait and have them when I got back to the UK but apparently there's a miracle-worker nurse in Ibn Battuta mall who is exceptionally patient, a feature I wouldn't get on the NHS! This means less time to psych myself up, and, I suppose, less time to panic myself too. I figure if it goes well then I can have more, rather than just hoping for the best -I mean surely if I stay away from dogs foaming at the mouth then I'm not likely to get bitten and contract rabies?! Perhaps I should just get them done.

I'll be distracting myself with the thought that five weeks today I'll be getting on the plane... well actually by this time I will have already passed through Istanbul and be well on my way to Bangkok -how exciting! Still desperately trying to figure out which is the better flight to take from Bangkok to Phnom Penh £100 and 75 minute difference in the two flights I'm considering. Life would be much easier if we just started the trip in Bangkok and went on from there! That said, I am really looking forward to exploring Cambodia, I just wish I didn't feel like such a foreigner when attempting to say the place names!

Update: I did it, and now have two little plaster circles on each of my arms to prove it! I cried like a baby and was in there for a good half hour, but the nurse is excellent, if you're ever in Dubai and need shots, go to the clinic in Ibn Battuta mall and ask for Suzette -she's lovely! Still contemplating getting the other shots like rabies but at least my spine isn't going to snap due to tetanus - yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment