http://abrunetteabroad.blogspot.co.uk/

Sunday, 7 October 2012

Koh Tao pt1.

After the disappointment that was the Full Moon Party, we packed our bags (to the best of our ability given we were still rather sore at this point!) and head off on the catamaran for Koh Tao!


I admit that I can't really remember much of the trip, I get horribly sea-sick and although the Cat moved along quite quickly, I didn't handle it very well. this probably was not helped by the the crate of fish that I found i had been leaning against!

Arrival in Koh Tao was blessedly easy and Crystal diving school was a quick two minute walk from the pier. Filled in the paper work, due to start diving the following day...

...and then we went to get our bandages changed at the clinic.

"They've become infected".

I'm sorely tempted to put up the photos of my ghastly looking toes. It really is a treat! However, I don't think it would be very much appreciated.

Due to the hot, sticky climate out there even the smallest of cuts can become infected, so it was really no surprise that ours did. Unfortunately they use a 'scraping' method to treat it, which is, as it sounds, scraping away the yellow scab with a sterile cotton swab and a helping of peroxide. I swear it would have hurt less to amputate! If child-birth is worse than that, then you can count me out! Not happening.

Thankfully after going through that on day three on being in Koh Tao they finally started to heal but I still had to postpone my diving for another few weeks. We decided to head back to Bangkok to recover and see some more sights.

0 comments:

Post a Comment