http://abrunetteabroad.blogspot.co.uk/

Friday, 10 August 2012

Open to local flavours?

So I may have developed a taste for Angkor beer with a lovely little beer belly (and cheap tourist t-shirt) to match, as the cost of beer is often cheaper than water over here.

Unfortunately my quest for fried tarantula was not fulfilled despite my best efforts. I figured if maybe I ate one of the big ones I would stop being deathly scared of the tiny ones back home! I did however whet my appetite with a snake on a stick.


After getting over the initial '"ugh it's a snake" I tried to sink my teeth in. Now you kind of expect snake to be fleshy and meaty, but I was surprised to find that it was rock solid -I just could not bite into it! Actually I was rather disappointed that my ten pence didn't buy me something a little more satisfying, tearing off bits of tough skin didn't quite do it for me, and don't get me started on the bones! All in all a great experience but I'm pleased I had some fried noodles with chicken to fall back on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment